Why should I link my Facebook account with my Couchsurfing account?
If you link your Facebook account with your Couchsurfing account you will be able to log in to Couchsurfing with one click (using the "Log in with Facebook" button) and you will also be able to quickly add your Facebook friends that use Couchsurfing as Couchsurfing friends.
Couchsurfing never shares any of the actions that you do on Couchsurfing with Facebook without your knowledge. Also, you can still use your email address and password to Login to the Couchsurfing site even after you set up your Facebook login.
If you are not logged in to your Facebook profile when you click on this button, you will be prompted to do so in a new window.
- Log out of the Couchsurfing account you are currently logged into.
- Click the "Continue with Facebook" button on the Couchsurfing login page
- Go to your Account & Settings to disconnect your Facebook account
- Deactivate this Couchsurfing account from the bottom of this page.
- Login to the Couchsurfing account that you are currently using with your email address and password.
- Connect your Facebook account to your active Couchsurfing account on your Social Networks Account & Settings page.
If the Couchsurfing account that is currently connected to your Facebook account is deactivated, please write to the Support Team using the subject line "Deactivated Facebook Duplicate" so that we can quickly find your request, letting them know the following information so that they can help:
Click on the "disconnect" link and your Facebook account should now be disconnected.