If you logged into an empty profile, it is likely that you created an accidental duplicate account in the past, and logged into the wrong profile. To fix this, you'll need to deactivate the empty accounts and locate the correct account.
1. Locate the correct account
- Check your email for notifications from your active account. Check the email address that the notification was sent to, and try using that email address to log into the correct account.
- Try old email addresses or your username to log into your account
- Go to Couchsurfing friend's accounts and locate your account using friend links or references
- Search for your account in a search engine such as Google, if your profile is publicly shared.
- Try logging in with Facebook, if your active account was previously connected to Facebook.
2. Deactivate your duplicate accounts
You can find this page here: https://www.couchsurfing.com/preferences/account
Still need help?
If you need help locating your complete account, deactivating your old account, or changing your information on your account, please contact us - we're happy to help!
Please include the following information:
- Name associated with your active, complete profile
- Your date of birth
- Email address associated with your active, complete profile
- Email address you would like to use with your profile
- Link to your active profile
- Names of Couchsurfing members that you exchanged references or messages with
Please do not worry if you do not remember all of the above information - we'll just need enough information to make sure we can locate your correct account.