The majority of Couchsurfing interactions are not only positive, but downright lifechanging. However, members occasionally join the Couchsurfing community for reasons that do not align with our Community Guidelines. If your potential host says anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, report it and block them! By doing so, you’ll be sending the Safety Team a signal that they should review this member’s profile.
Examples of things to report:
- Asking you for money or labor in return for a couch
- Saying they can’t host you, but a friend without a Couchsurfing profile can
- Asking for a date, sex, being overly interested in your relationship status or appearance, etc
- Aggressively asking for personal contact information, such as Whatsapp, Facebook, etc
- Says that they have used a different profile on Couchsurfing in the past
- Asking you to leave a reference for their "new profile"